IDEXX Procyte DX Haematology Analyser Veterinary Laboratory Animal Vet CBC
- 1 x IDEXX Procyte DX Haematology Analyser Veterinary Laboratory Animal Vet CBC
- 1 x Operators Guide CD
- 1 x Specimen Holder Rack
- 1 x Extra Hose
Real-time results at the push of a button
The ProCyte Dx® analyser takes work out of your hands and lets you get back to your patients and clients more quickly.
- Load-and-go operation: Even maintenance is push-button for increased staff productivity.
- Small sample size: The analyser requires only 30 µL of anti-coagulated blood. And veterinary-specific IDEXX VetCollect® EDTA tubes require only 0.5–1.5 mL of blood to get the most accurate results for every patient.
- More species: Results are validated for nine species (canine, feline, equine, bovine,ferret, rabbit, gerbil, pig and mini pig) across 26 different parameters.* Simple, intuitive flagging highlights questionable results, like clumped platelets or abnormal white blood cell patterns, to indicate the need for further investigation. Other species capabilities are available.
- Closed-tube sampling: There’s no sample preparation and less risk of contamination.
- 30-second return: Sample tube is returned in 30 seconds and available for further testing.
Smarter technology for better haematology
The ProCyte Dx® analyser employs three cutting-edge technologies to provide the most comprehensive complete blood count (CBC) available in-house.
Laser flow cytometry delivers an advanced five-part white blood cell differential. The ProCyte Dx®Haematology Analyser uses laser flow cytometry to perform a full analysis of multiple characteristics on each white blood cell, for the most accurate interpretation of all five white blood cell types.
Optical fluorescence provides a highly sensitive and accurate reticulocyte count with the use of specific fluorescent stains. Feline platelets are analysed with this method to ensure superior separation when delineating platelets and red blood cells of similar size.
Laminar Flow Impedance™ performs the fastest and most precise count of red blood cells for quick and accurate analysis. With advanced Laminar Flow Impedance technology, cells are lined up one by one to ensure each cell is characterised individually.
The process involves staining sample cells, directing laser light of 633 nm at each cell and collecting multiple angles of light scatter. Wavelengths of 660 nm and greater—denoted here in blue—are captured for very precise measurements of the cell’s nucleic content. Only the ProCyte Dx analyser offers this superior capability for highly sensitive and accurate analysis.
With advanced Laminar Flow Impedance technology, cells are lined up one by one to ensure each cell is characterised individually.
ProCyte Dx® Analyser Specifications
|Parameters (24)||HCT, RBC, HGB, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, reticulocytes (absolute number and percentage), WBC, neutrophils (number and percentage), lymphocytes (number and percentage), monocytes (number and percentage), eosinophils (number and percentage), basophils (number and percentage) and platelets (number, MPV, PDW and PCT)|
|Species||Canine, Feline, Equine, Bovine,Ferret, Rabbit, Gerbil, Pig, Mini Pig*|
|Units||Conventional or SI units|
|Sample Size||30 µL whole blood with EDTA anticoagulant is used per evaluation. Purple-top tubes require different sample sizes (IDEXX recommends 13 mm x 75 mm IDEXX VetCollect® tubes).|
|Time to results||The ProCyte Dx analyser will return the sample in 30 seconds and results in approximately 2 minutes.|
|Reagents||System requires two reagent kits: one external and one onboard. The kits are changed at separate times.|
|Calibration||Performed at IDEXX. User has ability to calibrate on-site if necessary.|
|Quality Control||Liquid quality control available for independent analysis of analyser performance.|
|Sample Flow Cell||250-micron quartz cuvette using focused-flow hydrodynamics to create a single-cell stream|
|Operating Temperature||Instrument 15ºC–30ºC (59ºF–86ºF)|
|Dimensions||Width x depth x height = 32 x 41.3 x 40.3 cm|
|Net Weight||55 lb (25 kg)|
Any Questions? Please call 020 8882 1111 from UK or +44 208882 1111 from outside the UK