QLogic QLE2564 Quad Port 8Gb Fibre Channel Host Bud Adapter
PULLS FROM NEW SERVERS
FULL HEIGHT CARD WITH FULL HEIGHT BRACKET
1 x QLogic QLE2564 Quad Port 8Gb Fibre Channel Host Bud Adapter PX4810402-01
4 x Finisar FTLF8528P3BCV-QL 8Gb SFP Transceiver Modules
QLE2564 Host Bus Adapter.
The QLE2564 is a PCI Express, quad port, Fibre Channel (FC) adapter. The QLE2564 is part of the QLE2500 8Gb adapter product family that offers next generation 8Gb FC technology, meeting the business requirements of the enterprise data center.
The QLE2564 delivers enhanced security, Quality of Service (QoS), and enables dynamic provisioning. The QLE2564 allows multiple logical (virtual) connections to share the same physical port. Each logical connection has its own resources and the ability to be managed independently.
The QLE2564 has been designed with a length of 6.6 inches (167.6 mm), allowing additional support for dense 1U Gen2 rack servers and increasing connectivity, which was not available with the standard 8.0-inch (203.2 mm) length of the 4Gb adapter product.
The QLE2564 provides the highest data integrity by ensuring Overlapping Protection Domains (OPD) on both the control and data paths.
The QLE2564 enables SAN-level authentication (FC-SP), fabric-level isolation (NPIV), and is capable of end-to-end data integrity (T10).
The QLE2564 is backward compatible with 4Gb and 2Gb speeds. A single common driver per operating system for three generations of FC adapters (8Gb, 4Gb, and 2Gb) simplifies deployment. QLogic’s unified driver model (firmware embedded in the driver) eliminates potential interoperability issues between firmware and driver versions. The QLE2564’s API compatibility with 4Gb products accelerates deployment while ensuring application compatibility.
For over 15 years, QLogic has been a technological leader with products that address the current needs of customers, yet provide strong investment protection to support emerging technologies and standards. QLogic stands alone in the industry with its product portfolio depth and experience in successfully delivering technological solutions that address the needs of today and tomorrow.
Fibre Channel Specifications
- Negotiation: 8/4/2Gbps auto-negotiation
- IOPS: 200,000 initiator and target IOPS per port
- Class of service: 2 and 3
- Topology: FC-AL, FC-AL2, point-to-point, switched fabric
- Protocols: FCP-3-SCSI, FC-Tape (FCP-2)
PCI Express Interface
- Compliance: PCI Express Base Specification rev. 2.0, PCI Express Electromechanical Specification rev. 2.0, PCI Bus Power Management Interface Specification rev. 1.2, PCI Hot Plug Specification rev. 1.0
- Physical and electrical: PCIe x8 physical connector, Maximum x8 lanes for Gen1 and Gen2 rates
- Ports: Quad 8Gbps Fibre Channel SFP+ with LC-style connector
- Form factor: 6.6 in x 4.376 in (167.6 mm x 111.2mm)
- Up to 8.5 Gb/s bi-directional data links
- Hot-pluggable SFP+ footprint
- Built-in digital diagnostic functions
- 850nm Oxide VCSEL laser transmitter
- Duplex LC connector
- RoHS compliant and Lead Free
- 50m on 50/125μm MMF
- 150m on high-bandwidth
- 50/125um (OM3) MMF
- Metal enclosure, for lower EMI
- Single 3.3V power supply
- <0.5W power dissipation
- Extended operating temperature range: -5°C to 70°C